2018 Kohler Engine SV601
Call for Price
Courage single- and twin-cylinder engines help you get more out of your mower with greater displacement.
- Cast iron cylinder bore and oversized, micro-polished crankshaft bearings provide durability
- Inverted crankcase configuration ensures leak-proof operation, easy oil filter replacement
- Precision governor controls and overhead valve design deliver peak power performance
- Pressure lubrication extends engine life by keeping critical components well lubricated
- Tri-phase air induction system dampens noise for quieter operation
- Engine type: 4-cycle, gasoline, OHV, single-cylinder, air-cooled, vertical shaft, full pressure lubrication with full-flow filter, aluminum head and crankcase with cast iron cylinder liner.
- Model: Courage SV601
- HP (kW): 20(14.9)
- Displacement (cc): 36.4 (597)
- Bore in (mm): 3.7 (94)
- Stroke in (mm): 3.4 (86)
- Gross Torque ft lbs (Nm): 34 (46.1)
- Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
- Dry Weight lbs (kg): 79 (35.8)
- Oil Capacity US qts (L): 1.6 (1.5)
- Lubrication: Full pressure w/full-flow filter
- Dimensions LxWxH (in)*: 19.4 x 16.4 x 12.9
- Backpressure Limit: 50
- Certified Power HP (kW): 19.1 (14.3)
- Certified RPM: 3600
- Engine Type: Consumer
NOTES:*Length is front of valve cover to back of blower housing. Width is side to side. Height is mounting surface to grass screen. Power (hp) and Torque (ft lbs) specifications for Kohler general purpose engines are rated pursuant to Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) J1940 based on gross output testing performed according to SAE J1995 without the air cleaner and muffler. Actual engine power and torque are lower and affected by accessories (air cleaner, exhaust, charging, cooling, fuel pump, etc.), application, engine speed, ambient operating conditions (temperature, humidity and altitude) and other factors. This J1940 / J1995 rating provides consistent measurement to customers who may want to control the intake and exhaust features of the engine. For more information, contact Kohler Co. Engine Engineering Department. Kohler Co. reserves the right to change product specifications, designs and standard equipment without notice and without incurring obligation. Backpressure Limit: Inches of H20 @ 3600 RPM WOT Certified Power HP (kW): J1995 power and torque certified by 3rd Party Witness
- Engine Type
- 4-cycle, gasoline, OHV, single-cylinder, air-cooled, vertical shaft, full pressure lubrication with full-flow filter, aluminum head and crankcase with cast iron cylinder liner.
- Bore x Stroke
- 3.7 in. (94mm) x 3.4 in. (86mm)
- Compression Ratio
- 19.1 hp (14.3 kW)
- 34 ft.lb. (46.1 Nm)
- 19.4 in.
- 16.4 in.
- 12.9 in.
- 79 lb. (35.8 kg)